The Country Club and Boca Lago residential community were built in 1975 by the Frankel family. On November 1, 1981, a group of 793 community residents purchased Boca Lago Country Club from the developer and became Equity Member Owners. Since then, the Club has been led by an elected Board of Governors that guides and supports the management team, determines short- and long-range planning, and conducts business on behalf of the Equity Members.
In 1993, a $4.3 million Clubhouse renovation was approved and completed in 1996. An additional $1.4 million interior renovation was completed in 2008. Among the upgrades were a new casual dining area, renovated lounge/bar, a game room, new carpeting and furniture, and a revitalized Health and Wellness center.
A new era officially began in late 2018, as the Club was acquired by Mr. Steven Danza. Under Mr. Danza's leadership, the club completed a comprehensive multi-million dollar renovation project designed to reposition Boca Lago as one of the premier lifestyle clubs in all of Palm Beach County.
The scope of the project includes:
- Complete renovation of all 27 holes; includes redesigned greens, full restoration of bunkers and reshaped tee areas
- Revitalization of the clubhouse with new carpeting, furnishings and a vibrant, modern color palette
- Upgrades and enhancements to the Grand Ballroom and dining areas
- New outdoor casual dining area with covered patio seating
- Expansion of the golf practice facilities to include more full-swing space, a dedicated short game area and two practice holes